Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mechanism design issues

I should be more specific here it's just frustrating for a colleague of mine who is fairly new at Pro/E. It's with connection definition issues and I recall from earlier versions of Pro/E (Wildfire) that it seemed to be more reliable. Maybe I've posted in the wrong area.

all i can add is that whatever issue you see, its likely not a Creo 1.0 thing.. i would wager your woes would be identical in WF5 as well :D

like much of the current Creo, 100% of the updates appear to be less than 50% implemented, an dbe wary of a fix by Creo 3.0 as well, it too is clearly half baked

oh and welcome to the PTC family

Over time you will develop work arounds and become aware of some unusual hoops you have to jump through and then life will return to some kind of normalcy - until the next time you upgrade that is. That's why I'm still on WF4. It provides me with everything I need to design, I've figured out it's quirks over time, and I can be reasonably productive - focus on the design, not the software. I can feel the envy.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back