Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro e - generic / instance rename

Prabhu1974

Hi,

Q1 - I have a family table for my electronics components and used the instance in various assemblies. I would like to rename generic& certain instance . Will it affect my assemble and ask to locate the missing file???. can anybody guide the steps to rename it safely to avoid assembly problems...

Q2- I am using format for my title block where it includes the drawing no , revision no, date etc.. Now I would like to extract details available in title block and prepare a separate document (.xls or .doc). It should be of parametric...

Thanks in advance
Prabhu

Family table

hi,

q1 - i have a family table for my electronics components and used the instance in various assemblies. I would like to rename generic& certain instance . Will it affect my assemble and ask to locate the missing file???. Can anybody guide the steps to rename it safely to avoid assembly problems...

Q2- i am using format for my title block where it includes the drawing no , revision no, date etc.. Now i would like to extract details available in title block and prepare a separate document (.xls or .doc). It should be of parametric...

Thanks in advance
prabhu

hey prabhu!!!!

Use save a copy....and then you can rename the family instance in family table.......

To Q1:
Think of it this way: If you have to rename a prt or asm named 1234 the drawings and asms where it is used must learn and be saved.

So you must have 1234.drw open. And also the asm where 1234 is in.

If only a few asm just open them all, and do the rename of 1234. Remember to save 1234.drw and all assemblies.

If many:
Make a mapkey R1 to rename 1234 to 3456
Make a mapkey R2 to rename back 3456 to 1234
Now:
Open like 5 asm. Run R1. Save the 5 asm.
Run R2
Erase the 5 asm from memory
Open the next 5 asm. Run R1. Save and so on.
Remember to learn and save 1234.drw

Guess you dont have PDM?
BR Gunnar

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back