Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Searching for the translate option

blueye89

Hello friends. I have an question so I need advice.
I opening an .dwg file in proe by converting to "layout". I want to move sketch to some place defined by coordinates. In proe wf5 there is a option "translate" as a child of option transform. Is there a similar option in creo parametric 2.0?

Thanks in advance

Select the entities you want to move, select edit - copy then edit - paste special. That will put you in the translate feature.

Select the entities you want to move, select edit - copy then edit - paste special. That will put you in the translate feature.

I have no option "edit". I am using Creo Parametric. There is no option edit on ribbon.

Sorry, I was out of the office with no access to Creo on the road. It was under the edit menu pre-Creo.

It's the standard clipboard functions, in the 'Clipboard' area in your screen shot. Select the entity you want to move and the copy icon will be available. Paste special then puts you into translate mode.

Creo 2 - m040 in drawing mode

Ok now I founded by your instructions, but only in drawing mode, why that command is not available i layout mode or sketch mode? Proe WF has that option i more than drawing mode.
Thanks for the help,friend.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back