Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

assembly family table

sgokben

Dear friends,
I made an assembly adding two parts.Than I created third part referencing these two previous parts.I prepared a family table.When I opened the first instance two parts changed but third part is the same as it is.The message is
"Warning: Part AG_PN has reference to generic assembly CRCV_AG_PN(the name of my generic model)"Please help me for this problem.Best regards.

Did you verify the instances in the family table before closing the family table box? Sounds like the third part references geometry in the first two parts, and that geometry changed with the other members of the family table, and the third part was not regenerated.

Yes moldman.My problem is just as you wrote.If I design third part and add it to assembly it will not change together with first two components like this case.What can I do?.Best regards.

I'm guessing the instance in the family table failed when you verified. Suppress the third part and you should have no failures. Then you can open the instance that fails, resume the third part and you will better understand why the failure is happening. You probably referenced a feature in the generic part that is no longer there.

Last edited:
Dear moldman ,
I am sorry for my poor english.I think I couldn explaine my problem crearly.I open the instance and I see that first two components are in new dims but created componenet is as in generic dimensions.The created component must be referenced to previous components because its dimensions must change according to previous componenets.I also changed references but result is the same.

This is not the way to do this. Your references are to the generic. Not the instances. The new way it will work is of you modify the parts in the generic to the new dimensions.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back