Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Display corruption while scrolling

lee82gx

I have been having this issue with Creo Parametric M060 thats bugging me for so long, that I've actually given up on, until recently.

Do take a look at my attachment. Everything gets corrupted in display when I scroll excessively. The weird things are as below:

1. There are at least 8 other laptops (HP8560w) with Quadro 1000M running the same build with more or less the same settings in my team, no problem.

2. WHen I plug in an additional monitor, the problem persists also. (Edited; It first appeared to only follow my main LCD monitor, but is now confirmed to be both)

edit-looks like my attachment has been compressed too much but I guess the fine souls here can still see it, the lines of test and graphics are just overlapping each other..

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
We recently bought 5 computers (to PTC spec for Croe) that are running m040 and have a Quadro 600 (PTC approved) and still have the same problem as you. We are looking at replacing the graphic card to see if another one would work. Anyone running Creo 2 without these cards have any suggestion on what card we should be looking at?

Its good to know that such a different spec is also having this problem...I firmly believe it is related to software settings as my colleagues do not have such an issue.

Not necessarily. We have one computer that is worse than the rest. All have the same hardware and software settings but this one has refresh problems. When an assembly of only about 10 small items are rotated or even just trying to pick a surface or part, it takes about 1 to 2 minutes to refresh and sometimes it just freezes. We can't figure that one out!

Not necessarily. We have one computer that is worse than the rest. All have the same hardware and software settings but this one has refresh problems. When an assembly of only about 10 small items are rotated or even just trying to pick a surface or part, it takes about 1 to 2 minutes to refresh and sometimes it just freezes. We can't figure that one out!
that problem has been bugging my previous setup of older HW, in Creo 1. Right now this scrolling display issue is bugging the nuts out of me when scrolling through the Layers....it is literally impossible to see and select the right layer.

Check the video settings on all the machines, find out which ones are different on the machine in question and duplicate.

Check the video settings on all the machines, find out which ones are different on the machine in question and duplicate.

Hi dross
Can you be a bit more specific, which settings, in Creo or in the Nvidia drivers?

Edit : I should also mention that I used custom installation option > clean install.

Last edited:
Nvidia, your graphics card settings.
Also check program specific settings within the Nvidia control panel.

hi dross
big thanks for your suggestions.

I managed to resolve the issue by using a 6 month old official driver pack for video card from HP directly (instead of whql latest from Nvidia).

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back