Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

No Combined State...

design-engine

When creating a drawing view in Creo (or past versions) the prompt is 'Default All' or 'No Combined State' I click so fast to create drawings I am afraid I've not noticed what it is actually asking. Someone in class recently asked what's the difference. So Im asking.... Whats the system asking here.

I believe this refers to combined views states in assemblies/parts and using these states on drawings. See "To Show Models in Various View States" in the Drawing/Detailing Help section. Haven't found a way to not show the box when inserting a main view though.
Thanks,
jef

Sorry, from PTC support page:
CS71996
WF2-Creo2
Control the display of Select Combined State dialog box in drawing:
• There is currently no configuration option to disable this prompt.
• The prompt can be disabled only for the current session checking in the dialog box icon: do not prompt for combined state

Thanks,
jef

Last edited:
There should be a config option as 99 out of 100 drawing don't need a combined state. Creo jumps to some bad defaults. I think when changing color PART should be the default. There should be a way to permanently disable the message box when flipping an extrusion into a part, notifying you the material is being removed. There are others but I'm sure you've all seen them.

A Combined State is typically created in an assembly (but you can also create them in parts) from the All tab in the View Manager. The Combined State can consist of any or all of the following:

* A saved view or model orientation
* Simplified Rep
* Explode State
* Display Style (although these will not display on drawings IIRC)
* Layer State
* 3D Annotations

Combined States are used with Model Based Definition. But setting up Combined States in models can facilitate the creation of drawing views.

I think they could be useful and would use them all the time if I could get them to work like I think they should but they won't.

I put overall dims on a bend state sheetmetal part and move them to the proper plane and reorient the text and it looks great but when I use it in a drawing the dims don't come in and when I use show annotation they come in but not on the correct plane or orientation. Very frustrating.

I do suggest do a youtube search and watch a couple of videos. You will probably figure out a reason to use them.

I think they could be useful and would use them all the time if I could get them to work like I think they should but they won't.

I put overall dims on a bend state sheetmetal part and move them to the proper plane and reorient the text and it looks great but when I use it in a drawing the dims don't come in and when I use show annotation they come in but not on the correct plane or orientation. Very frustrating.

I do suggest do a youtube search and watch a couple of videos. You will probably figure out a reason to use them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwotZkmlugQ

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back