Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Representations of motion model in different positions

denncoa

Hello
I have a motion model assembly that I would like to show in different positions on a drawing. Can I do this with simplified reps? or family tables? I'm stumped can anyone help?
Thanks
Denny

Use the snapshot feature. You can place the model into a position and take a snapshot, then move it and repeat. Once you create the snapshots you can place each as a separate view creating a comic strip on the drawing of the motion.

Once you have added your mechanisms go to the drag dialog box. Open the snapshot drop down and add a new name, go to constraints tab to move parts. You will then have to go back to the snapshots tab and select the make available to drawing icon to use it on a drawing.

Use the snapshot feature. You can place the model into a position and take a snapshot, then move it and repeat. Once you create the snapshots you can place each as a separate view creating a comic strip on the drawing of the motion.

Once you have added your mechanisms go to the drag dialog box. Open the snapshot drop down and add a new name, go to constraints tab to move parts. You will then have to go back to the snapshots tab and select the make available to drawing icon to use it on a drawing.

EXCELLENT!! I knew there had to be something simple!! Thanks
Denny

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back