Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Routing with Creo Schematics 2.0

New_User_Help

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I just got a new job in Houston and the job requires me to use Creo Schematics 2.0 and Creo Parametric to route 3d harness, then flatten it and make a drawing. This is my first time using schematics and I am really confused. Previously I have done 3d harness routing but never had to mess with schematics. The new place does not have any library of any sort so I will have to create a library, get 3d models and set it up from scratch.

Is there someone out there who can help me with some ideas to help me get this set up and also answer questions for a first time schematic user?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

I assume you have seen the basic tutorial on the get started tab
I assume you are aware that there is a Creo Schematics 2.0 Instructor and web based training course
And finally for libraries and set up have a look at Virtual Interconnect - Home or cedelsolutions.com

Thanks for replying to the thread Jim. I have looked at the intro to Creo Schematic tutorial in PTC. I have an idea of how to use Creo Schematic but there are still a lot of questions regarding setting up the catalog library, artifacts, variable/fixed groups, datatables/datasets etc. I have also gotten in touch with Virtual Interconnect and given them a list of the connectors that we need. I have an idea of the big picture but I am finding it really difficult to find a starting point to set everything up. Is there anything else that I need to do to get a better understanding of where to start from?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back