Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to turn off "snap to grid" in Creo 2.0 Sketcher?

fiebigc

Sometimes I like to turn on "snap to grid" when I'm making drawings. I do this while in the drawing by going to Sketch > Sketcher Preferences > and then selecting "Grid intersection". The option is retained even when I go to a solid part and start modeling with Sketcher. My issue is how do I turn this off when I'm modeling a part and in Sketcher? Previous version of WF has a menu for Sketcher options but I can not find it in Creo.

Thanks

Sometimes I like to turn on "snap to grid" when I'm making drawings. I do this while in the drawing by going to Sketch > Sketcher Preferences > and then selecting "Grid intersection". The option is retained even when I go to a solid part and start modeling with Sketcher.

In Drawings at Wildfire 5.0 Level there is an icon for Sketcher Preferences on the ribbon next to Display Grid icon. When hit this would open a dialog window with Check Boxes for Sketch Chain and Parametric Sketching. There are also icons for
The Sketcher Prefs icon looks exactly like the Horizontal / Vertical
H & V direction snap
Grid Intersection etc see below
Wildfire.5_Draw.Sketcher.Prefs.PNG

In Part modeling there is an option to snap to grid only when displayed so you can show/hide grid to control snapping.
Too bad that option isn't available in drafting.

Michael

Grid_snap

We use the grid_snap config option saved in Favorites. Create 2 Mapkeys to turn on and off.

Attachments

• grid_snap.jpg
    grid_snap.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 37

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back