Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Offset lines in eploded view can't be moved.

gil345

In Creo Elements, when I create an offset line in an exploded state that has a jog, I am not able to reposition the jog. The handles appear, but when I drag them they immediately snap back to their original position.

Any known problems with moving the exploded offset line jogs? Any solutions?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
G

In Creo Elements, when I create an offset line in an exploded state that has a jog, I am not able to reposition the jog. The handles appear, but when I drag them they immediately snap back to their original position.

Any known problems with moving the exploded offset line jogs? Any solutions?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
G

When creating the exploded state of your assembly, you probably need to make the explode offset locations larger (i.e. make the positions greater from one component part to the other). Then, you should be able to move the drag handles. I also struggle with this aspect of making detail drawings and find the same issues as you. It is quite frustrating to say the least, but it's been like this for some time already.

As usual with Pro/E.... You need to know the "work around".

Bob Schwerdlin
Design Engineer
Dukane Corp.
2900 Dukane Dr.
St. Charles, IL 60174 USA

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back