Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Trouble with Steel sketched bend

Bikejunkie

Hello;
Thank you in advance for any suggestions/help.
I'm at a stopping point with a frame design. I was successfully able to draw one side of the metal dropout and created a sketched bend.
But then I copied the file, rolled up in the feature tree, and attempted to create the same bend in the other direction (for the opposite side).
However the error msg 'sketch contains unsupported entities for this feature' appears.
The alternative approach that I tried was to create a skeleton part and create an assembly with the mirror component feature. However while it did create the opposite part, the part is rotated the wrong way, and I cannot rotate it correctly.
Can someone give me advice on how to get one of these options to work?
thanks.
solidworks-bend-question1.jpg
solidworks-bend-question2.jpg
solidworks-bend-question3.jpg

unfortunately there is an error in uploading the solidworks file. If you know some kind of workaround, I'm happy to oblige.
(the drawings is in SW 2011

Try using the Check Sketch For Feature option in your Tools Sketch Tools or one of those stupid menus I usually have a Shortcut key J for this icon because a j kind of looks like a check mark.

The tool has you select a feature type then will check for errors like overlapping lines open sections and other faulty geometry. It's most likely you have the overlapping entities or possibly a non construction centerline causing the error.

Check sketch for feature can highlight and help you to delete the geometry preventing the Bend Feature from being created.

Why not just mirror it? Much easier and you don't have to deal with geometric issues like this. You don't need a skeleton or an assembly to mirror. Mirror the part from within the part. Assemble it as you would any part to the assembly. Orientation is no longer a problem.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back