Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Problem loading creo_parametric_customization.ui file

Zippy38

All my users have the config.pro setting load_ui_customization_run_dir set to yes.
I have 3 out of 10 users, with the same problem, on different hardware. All 10 users are on Creo 2.0 M060. 3 users cannot load the company *.ui file. I have one user where the file was loading properly till yesterday and the laptop crashed. After the crash the .ui file would not load.
When loading the company .ui file manually, it still does not work.
If the problem users customize their own .ui file, this file does load, but they cannot share the company .ui file.
Any help will be appreciated.

b.t.w. I found that although the config.win file is no longer edited in Creo 2, if the config.win is not in the Pro/E working directory, most of the icons are smiley faces!

Thanks

Wali

Last edited:
workaround1

As a workaround you can save off a copy of the config.win that you use and send it to your engineers. They can manually load it in and make their own customizations later. The customized mapkey icons are normally embeded in the config.win file so if loaded manually and resaved no smiley icons will show. If you don't want to load the config.win manually you can run creo go to customize screen and paste the path for config.win and hit okay.
Copy your trail.txt.# at this point then rename load_ui.txt and use open with to choose creo as program to use.

This should open creo and play the saved commands for loading the UI.

Wali,

I'm sorry I missed this when you originally posted it.

With Creo, the config.win is gone and now all windows customizations are done with *.ui files. Unlike the config.win, where Proe would load any file found in the text folder, the user's home folder or the start in folder, the *.ui files will only load from two places (and with the proper names):

1. The creo_parametric_customization.ui will only load from the cache folder. If not named right, it will not load.
  2. The creo_parametric_admin_customization.ui file will only load from the text folder. If not named right, it will not load.

The exception to #1 is if you've set the config option "load_ui_customization_run_dir set" to "yes", then #1 is changed to the start in folder and any *.ui file in the cache folder will not load. Have you verified that all users start in is set to the right location?

Something to keep in mind, when setting the config option "load_ui_customization_run_dir set" to "yes", any time a user changes their UI the creo_parametric_customization.ui file may auto-save into their current working directory. That might leave creo_parametric_customization.ui files all over your network.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back