Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

exporting creo drawings to dxf format for manufacturing

Hi guys,
We have a vendor that will only take dxf files for water jet & plasma cutting. We have trouble getting creo to export dxf files with the correct scale. They seem to have a mind of their own. What setting or format should I use to create dxfs that come out 1to1? (I know the vendor should update his software to take a step file but I cant control that.) Thanks for any help

I usually add a second sheet that is the pattern to be used for export for laser, plasma, water-jet, pressbrake, etc. I place a view of the pattern at 1:1 scale and export. Works fine and is very predictable. Also prevents rounding issues when double scaling using the config options.

Besides those two config options and scale on the drawing view (wich must be always 1:1) you must check also drawing_units (drawing option) is it in inch or mm.
I usualy make dxf from drawing, save as and pick .dxf extension, and that dxf pull units from current drawint (current config).

I hope it help :)

I do as srieger does and it works well, this method is used throughout our group of companies. Also do as kk_designer says and check units

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back