Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hating Creo 2

well, that is the biggest side affect I had also problem with > get used to from every icon I need on single screen to tabs. The true is there is a cost of extra "click" to switch to desired tab. Any way I like it because:

* it would be PIA for my eyes to find all of these small icons on my 24" with crazy res 1080p,(unfortunately contrary to working on laptop with smaller display, but same happens when first icons arrived and small display were common)

*I don`t like pure text menus the ones WF still has like Analysis, Edit, View and so fort, tabs and icons are great advantage

one area new interface fails all along is the drawing - uu... aaa....

wlsca: When Laughable Software Changes Attack

1: I don't have that much trouble with modeling or assemblies, but the drawing package flat out sucks. :p
I would give anything to go back to WF4.
2: Creo 2 has crashed 5 times more than WF4 (build 050). If something is better, I am all for it,
but making changes so it looks different so you can sell more software seems to be the PTC way.

Commentary:
1} All drawing packages pretty much suck.
I remember once doing a UG-PreNX drawing for GE Gear Plant 2003 or so, which required baseline or ordinate dims in a view. Simple enough just open {Expand} the view and virtually rotate the view so the Hz direction was along measuring direction. Make the dims as horizontal ordinate dims, unexpand view and continue. Hence the term ("Gorilla Modeling/Drafting")

2a}Proe used to be more stable 2001, occasionally a Wildfire.
The WF5 release imho got a lot of thengs fixed which had aggravated me for years.
deg "Quod-tating ellipses" being unable to rotate sketced ellipses at an angle other than 90deg.:eek:
(Xrad , Yrad) was introduced to (MajorRad , MinorRad) :D

2b}For original Creo release PTC used all the same marketing videos and technology they used for 5(point)0, allowing them to sell the same software package twice.:rolleyes:

MichaelJ.Cole@trajpar
Wildfire 5.0, SolidWorks 2012, CoCreate, Catia5, UGNX
(lmne) bluebirdthing.com
(Link Might Not Exist), but it rhymes with apple fritter.

error: {You have included a total of 5 images in your message.
The maximum number that you may include is 4. Please correct the problem and then continue again.
Images include use of smilies, the BB code

CREO Crashes;
Look in your config.pro file. Check the file size of the config.pro file.
Open with notepad.
Look thru the file, is it a large file with line items repeating? If so delete all the items that repeat. Then save and re-check the file size!
You should experience fewer crashes!
My config.pro file got so big pro would start then exit!
The problem is when you change/add anything to the config.pro it copys everything in the folder. So if you saved your config file 3 times it has copied everything in the folder 3 times!

Last edited:
If you use a particular software it's rather quick for me to determine a specific set of options involving mouse and keyboard clicks to make it crash.

My 2 cents worth on Creo

Ok, here's my 2 cents worth on Creo. I started using Pro since R19 and in my opinion it's gotten better with each release. Granted, there were a couple in there that could have been skipped but what can you do. We've installed Creo 2.0 as a beta run on my machine and I' ve had the oppertunity to run some tests on it.
One BIG thing that I've noticed is the speed over WF4, used to take 7-12 minuites to open some of my top level assemblies and/or drawings in WF4, opened the same assemblies/drawings in Creo and only took 30-45 seconds. That alone is a HUGE time saver. I've also had the opportunity to create some of the more intricate stuff that we create on a regular basis here (helical sweeps, involute gear teeth, etc, etc) and I've notced a significant up-tick in generation of these object as well as a up-tick in speed during the regeneration process.
I'm still getting used to the menu structure but nothing too terrible that it took me that long to find a command.

like I said, just my 2 cents worth.

I use Simplified Reps daily, when we switched to Creo2 I had difficulty w the interface. No tutorials helped it make sense to me, actions I could do with 3 clicks in WF4 took 9 in Creo2.

Then I found this config option: "new_wf5_simp_rep_ui", set to "no". Brings back the WF4 Simplified Rep user interface.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back