Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Please help me on this basic modeling

apollo13

Hi, I am trying to model this gearbox but I found da problem when I get to this part. If you look at this attached image you see that the part I outline it in red, it appears to be a basic revolve but the base has a strange shape. It is lower to one side and widen out. If someone knows how to do this part please show me. I need it asap. Thanks in advance!
revolve.jpg

wow, that's a tough one. The only way I can think of to do that is with a lofted surface. Once you have the base lofted you can extrude the ribs down to that surface. Perhaps more experienced users here have better suggestions

I think it may actually be quite a simple bit of modelling. Imagine the basic revolve, the extend the skirt of the revolve. Ok, now looking from above, cut through the revolve with the profile that is shown. I reckon that will acheive what is shown in the image. No need for fancy lofted surfaces or anything like that.
Michael

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back