Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creo Crashes while creating PDF

James_Burcham

I am having an issue with Creo 2.0 crashing while trying to save a drawing as a PDF. The issue is that for one user Creo will create the PDF without a problem, but for another user on the same machine Creo will crash.

To create the PDF each user opens the drawing file, goes to File>Save As>Save a Copy. Change the file type to PDF, then set a location and click save.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like a memory issue with the machine. Also if you're using one of those free PDF writers then you never know what is going to happen. Your pdf's will look fantastic if you're using Adobe PDF (writer).

I've been creating PDF's from Pro/E since before "it was possible".

Wow, Promouser, you give advice that just isn't correct.
Since it works fine for one user and not another, it has to do with user permissions on the machine or network in question, not memory or what PDF software is on the machine.
The pdf function in Creo2 is built in, no other software required.

Under File> Save As >QUICK EXPORT (*.PDF) on our system. No crashes for that here!
currently on M070 was M060 had same sys set up!

Sorry you disagree dross. I stand my the statements. Perhaps I misunderstood the nature of the question as I assumed he meant that they were sharing a common work station over a period of time. Take a chill pill. I've been rocking Pro/E since the beginning of time. Just trying to help.

If you assumed they were using the same workstation (which they were), then why would you assume that it is a memory issue? (which you stand by). Helping is by giving relevant answers based upon experience, not spouting BS that has no basis of relevancy or fact. If you don't know the answer, refrain from answering and learn from others responses.
Since you've "been rocking Pro/E since the beginning of time" you should know this, but you just give your opinionated answers that simply cannot be wrong ("I stand my the statements. ")

If you assumed they were using the same workstation (which they were), then why would you assume that it is a memory issue? (which you stand by). Helping is by giving relevant answers based upon experience, not spouting BS that has no basis of relevancy or fact. If you don't know the answer, refrain from answering and learn from others responses.
Since you've "been rocking Pro/E since the beginning of time" you should know this, but you just give your opinionated answers that simply cannot be wrong ("I stand my the statements. ")

Really?

Depending on your hardware or your software mix, there is the possibility that you have a memory leak. If the machine is not rebooted over time it may have the tendency to lock up or otherwise act funny. We're dealing with that with an old machine at our office right now. It has been upgraded as far as it will go, but can't handle certain operations. One being creating PDF's from CAD drawings. Simple drawings - no problem. Large assembly drawings - sometimes it works & sometimes it doesn't. One guy at work even thinks that it works when I do it, but not when he does it. That experience is in part what triggered me to respond to the post.

Here's an opinion - you sure are quick to judge - and that my friend is BS.

There are a number of issues related to specific user profiles that can cause issues. It could be a permissions issue related to the users, It could be a memory issue related to specific registry settings and Windows/Creo or other software configurations, it could have to do with working folder issues, corruption of the user profiles, etc. If you are working on the edge of your memory constraints then you can see a number of various issue related to memory that may appear to be random. simply because one user may utilize more resources than the other for some reason.

Identical users does not equal Identical parameters/configurations or resource utilization.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back