Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Screw Hole Showing Threads

kenjg

Hello All,

I'm very very new to solidworks. I have version 2013 Premium 64bit SP3. I'm in the process of going through some training using some videos I downloaded from the net. I draw very basic part currently with ACAD2014, rectangle parts mostly for machine products we manufacture. I was curious about SW so I started looking into it and now I like it. So here's my questions:

For practice only.

I created a part .88" wide by 1" high by 3.5" long.

I added a 3/8 NPT hole on the side of it. It did not show threads, only the hole size, type & depth. In ACAD I added some circle to the existing hole and then trimmed them to look like threads. Is there a way in SW to show threads? OR do I do the same as in ACAD?

Thanks in Advance
KenJG

Hello All,

I found the problem. The problem was in the Options > Document Properties > Detailing that "Shaded cosmetic threads" was not checked.

Thanks A MILLION. I'll be back with more "Q's" once I move on to my next training videos.

See You All SOON !!!

BR
KenJG

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back