Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

batch file to control proe

kathir1985

Dear members,

I need to your help on creating the batch file to set working directory automatically when i open proe.

I searched in other threads in this forum and tried but not succeeded. I tired by trail file, mapkey but I want to control proe through batch file.

The following things has to happen when I open proe.
1) Working directory has to set automatically.
2) Load config.pro file,config.win,tree.cfg from the location where I saved.

Please help to write the code. Thanks in advance.

I don't think it's possible to set the working directory unless it's the same as the startup directory. Here is the batch file we use to set the startup directory to C:\Wildfire
(where we have the config & tree.cfg files)

@echo off
c:
cd \Wildfire
"C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin\parametric.exe"

Hi Robertib,

Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible to run the mapkey by batch file?

Basic idea is after open proe mapkey has to run automatically to set the working directory and load config files.

You can place multiple shortcuts on your desktop to start Pro/E. Each shortcut can have a different 'Start In" directory. This will set the initial working directory.

Using the 'start in' field of the shortcut used to launch Proe, as dr_gallup suggested, is the easiest way to set the working directory at startup.

Pro/E will load config files (.pro & .win) from specific folders at startup:

• The 'text' folder of the install location
  • The user's 'home' folder, as defined by Windows
  • The 'start in' folder as defined in the shortcut

You could create a mapkey to set the working directory and load config files from a specific location, if you need to. You'd need to create a trail file that would run the mapkey and set the trail file to run at start.

Dear dr_gallup & dgs,

Thanks for your suggestions. I created the startin folder which contains config files. In proe I created mapkey to set working directory and added that map key to new menu. Now its working fine.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back