Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Rotating Flexible Hose along with assembly

samfisher

I've created a parabolic trough assembly with mechanism. I've connected flexible hoses in two locations. When I rotate the assembly the hose remain in their original position. When the assembly stops the hoses regenerate to the new position. I want to the hoses to move along with the rest of the assembly.

Please see the attachments below to understand the real life situation and how the assembly is rotated in Pro/E.

If the flexible hoses cannot be rotated along with the assembly and need to be renegerated for the new dimensions every time, then what should I do? I want to import the model in KeyShot for animation.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2013-06-05-19h14m31s251.jpg
    vlcsnap-2013-06-05-19h14m31s251.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 33
  • vlcsnap-2013-06-05-19h15m49s205.jpg
    vlcsnap-2013-06-05-19h15m49s205.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 29
if there are relation embeded to animate the shape of "hose" I doubt you can achieve what you want without regenerating whole assembly.

IMHO - animating such behaviour in Pro/E by simple rotating/draging the assembly is not possible

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back