Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Help need to learn Unigraphics

TiagoFigueiredo

Hello everyone,

I'm new unigraphics user, at this momente i'm using NX8.0, very soon i will be using NX8.5. In the past i had used solidworks, and i would like to use some useful comands that solidworks use, in NX. For example, i haven't find anything like toolbox, or configurations on parts, probably i haven't discover things like that.

Something that i would like to know in unigraphics:

-configurations:

Configurations in SolidWorks.wmv - YouTube

I see a quite usefull help in assembly, for example change a cylinder of 100 mm of stroke to a 200 mm of stroke just changing the configuration in assembly without need to make a replace component.

- Smart components

Define some "smart features" to some library components, and after placing them in assembly, make them appear in the sorrounding objects

Demo SolidWorks - Smart components - YouTube

- Insert automatically components (screws for example)

SmartFasteners - YouTube

I have used some links to youtube to try to explain what i want to use in unigraphics, all of these videos are related to solidworks.

Can anyone help me with these?

Thanks in advance

its always good to start training from professionals and you tube trainings are scattered.
Yes you have tool box similar options for configuring standard parts found in left side browser and u can also configure your customize parts.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back