Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Weird Datum Views

michael3130

Hi,

My datums in sketch mode are messing about.

If I look normally at the sketch, sometimes the right and top datum lines go haywire, they should be horizontal aand vertical but go off at funny angles. As I zoom in and out they change from being ok to being at angles at random. Turning the planes off seems to realign them.

This has only happened since I got a new machine last week. It's a Dell Precision T3600 with Intel Xeon CPU 3.6Ghz, 16.0GB of RAM, 64 Bit with an Nvidia Quadro 4000 graphics card. It was specced for use with Creo 2 but I haven't moved to Creo 2 on this machine yet as I'm waiting for the other guys in the office to have their machines upgraded too. I'm currently using WF4.

It's obviously an issue caused by the new machine as I've never seen this before but would like to know if anyone else has seen anything like it and what the route cause is. Hopefully it wont be an issue when we move to Creo 2.

I've attached a couple of images of it normally and when it messes up.

Thanks

Michael

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 13
That has got to be graphics related. I'll be very interested as I've spec'd out virtually the same machine. I did go with the K4000 Quadro card as it has the newest processor architecture. Also on WF4 but testing Creo2.

That's what I thought, something graphics related. The machines were specced for Creo 2 so hopefully any issues will disappear. It's not a big hassle, just something I didn't expect and haven't seen happen before.

I'll post if I see anything else weird, so far nothing bar 2 crashes. One crash happened when I dropped a flat pattern view into a drawing along with the folded item, I haven't seen ProE crash before when working on a 2D drawing.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back