Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 Student Edition

radrides408

Hello,

I am new to these forums and am looking for insight and assistance with installation of Creo Elements/Pro 5.0.

I have recently tried to install this with no success. My issue is when I run setup.exe, the installer progress bar halts at 90% and then does nothing after that. I have to run Task Manager and 'end the process.' I tried bootleg copies of wildfire 4.0 and 5.0 and received similar results. i did disable anti-virus prior to setup. I also downloaded the file from PTC's site twice over a hardline connection just to be sure I didn't have a corrupt file. I was hoping that someone has a solution. My system is as follows:

Windows 7 Pro x64, (Windows anytime upgrade from Home Premium])
i7
4GB ram
Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 (it's a gaming card, I know, I know)

Please see attachment creo_setup.jpg.

Also, is it possible to upload/attach .swf file types on here? I use Jing to screencap/record in case I want to show something in the future. Thanks.

-Paul

Is there anyone out there? Even if you aren't sure, do you happen to know how I could get support with a Student version? I understand PTC doesn't offer (or really doesn't want to) support users who aren't paying customers. Thanks.

I've heard of issues with corrupt files when unzipped with the default Windows unzip utility. I've used 7zip without issue and I believe WinZip works as well. Try unzipping he archive again with one of those.

How long have you waited for the install to complete? Maybe let it run overnight to see if it's genuinely hung or not. Lastly, the final screen of the install in older versions isn't dramatically different than the progress screen except that the 'Next' or 'Finish' or 'Exit' button is active in the lower left. I've been fooled to think it was still working before when it was complete but waiting for me to hit the button.

Good luck,

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back