Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

video card ZOTAC GeForce 9500GT 1 GB

ivan sosa

Good day all!
I have the following problem. On part or assembly mode when you have the cursor go over an object or plane -without clicking-, the object "lightens up" with cyan color -pale blue-. In my case when I move the cursor away I have to wait for the cyan color to disappear as if it was emptying upwards, -if I explain my self-. Once that happens about 15 seconds later I have to click on the screen to even zoom in, out or rotate. My computer got refurbished after a bad electric installation burned the mother board and was made into a 64 bit system -I had 32bit system-. The guy who worked on it lost my NVDIA 500 MB video card and brought me a ZOTAC GeForce 9500GT 1 GB 128BIT DDR2 as reposition. The question is: Can Creo 5.0 work with this card?
My system Specs are:

Processor Intel(R) Core (TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
RAM 4 GB
64 bit system running Windows 7 professional Service pack 1.
I appreciate your time.

One other item to check that can cause this type of delay issue is found in the Model display tab under File Options. Check that int the Shade Model display settings that the first item Set Shade quality to: is at 10 or lower.

If this is set higher than 10 there will be great delays between operational selections!

Thank you for your answers.
The model display settings is at 3, so that is not the problem. I Can see that the card I have is not listed as certified in the link dr_gallup kindly provided. Furthermore I am an ignorant as to what OpenGL is -among many other things- :); so I have to illustrate my self on that or ask for a complying card.
Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
I have that card installed on my PC since 2-3 years ago and it works fine with CREO/ProE. you should just install the driver.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back