Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

point at CoG

kenppy

how to I place a point at centre of gravity in assembly -- the feature is grayed out?
thanks

Attachments

• 000839.jpg
    000839.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 20
We used BMX (Behavioral Modeling Extension) to save a Mass Properties analysis feature with those options enabled and put it in our start part. That way, all of our components have it and it can be deleted if not necessary. It is a much better way of doing in rather than writing relations, from what I've seen. You can open a part with the feature, copy it (CTRL+C), go to your new part, paste it (CTRL+V), and it will display the point, even if you don't have BMX. I could send you a part with the feature in it (is that legal?), but we use Wildfire 5.0 M050 so you might have a problem opening the part.

Do it if he can use the feature it's up to FlexLM or his PTC license file

That's a Yes vote on my part but send him the WF4 version.
Note: None of the information on this site is given by people who have passed The Bar U.O.S.

:confused: fyi
U.O.S. : Unless Otherwise Specified

Send him the part file with your UDF as long as you don't send him a hacked license for BMX or AAX, you should be alright but if you wanna chat with your company's legal team I won't stop you. :p

If he doesn't have the license he will be unable to redefine the Analysis or other features if he does not have the license but I'd be interested to find out his findings after all is uploaded and transferred (said & done)

This is 2013 yet it is impossible for me to renew or find out what books I have from Boston Univ libraries. What a world :( I may have to text msg them.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back