Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/Welding help please....

bigussotus

hey guys....i really need some help......

i want to use welding application and i dont know how.....
i want to show some very simple weldings like V,Y U and i cant do it...

could someone tell me some simple steps to learn welding

for example i model a part and remove from one surface of it some material in shape of V to use the V welding.
i went application-->welding--->V---->i select chain to chain--->for both sides
i selected welding material and welding process but the final result:eek:nly the surface was covered from the welding material.the rest of the V space was empty.......
Any thoughts?
Any help?
i am a pro engineer rookie....:cool:

bigussotus, there is no need to modify the parts to show the welded condition prior to its being welded. That is the reason for the weld symbol on the drawing, it tells the welder what needs to be done to produce the required weld. The information contained in the symbol what type of weld "V" "U" ... and any material prep that may be needed bevel ends, groove ends ..... Let those that acutally do the work do it, modifying the parts is not necessary leave the ends alone!

For a good weld chart search go here http://calaged.csuchico.edu/resourcefiles/curriculum/AgMechanics/ArcWelding/WeldSymbolsProof.pdf

Last edited:

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back