Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

BOM ballons?

fball558

this isnt really a creo issue that i know of, but im using PTC wildfire 3.0 (why change when it works?? well most the time)
i have an assembly and the BOM table and majority of the ballons showing up but just a couple parts the ballons dont even show. the part is in the BOM but no ballon. is there a reason for this?
i think it has something to do with making it flexable. if i dont hit the "make flexable" button then it shows up. but it has to be flexable. its like a rubber band drawn to its free lenght and then when installed it is stretched so im using the flexability command to visual show it stretching.
any help on how to make these ballons show up??

i dont want to but a ballon note because then it does not reference the BOM so if i make changes to the model those ballons wont auto update

any help would be great if there are any 3.0 guys out there (or if they have had a similar problem with 4.5,5.0,or creo)

as I remember it righ that was an issue in WF 2.0 related to flexible parts. they just don`t reflect baloons in drawing. I used to make them manualy instead.

If you have missing ballons on your drawing and you want them to be there and automatical-update with changes, go to part tree and right click on the part whitout ballon and pick "add ballons" and click on entitie or surface in the drawing, after this you should be able to see new ballon added on your part. In WF3 this is only way if you have problems with missing ballons after defining region. If you have this problem every time when you start your WF3 try regenerate and pick automatic, and when you set this for first time they should be visibile every time when you open your WF3 drawing.
I hope that help :)

In WF3 the problem was considered by PTC as functioning as design.
One of the enhancements in WF5 was the ability to add balloons for flexible components. This was one of the main reason we moved to WF5.
As a workaround you can fix the index in in repeat table for that part and use a note balloon. It doesn't work all the time, but you can try.

There are many more problems with flexible parts in repeat region in WF3. For example, if I remember correctly, if you had 1 flexible part placed several times with different flexible values (e.g. different length of the same rubber band), there are 2 instances in repeat table. Or, if the flexibility changes, you might get a different instance in the repeat table and the previous fixed index becomes suspended. Just be careful.

Balloons are not possible on flexible components in WF3. Use a family table instead, then you can show the balloons.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back