Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Can We mirror the sub assembly?

kuru

Hi to all,

Do u guys anyone know how to mirror the Sub assembly in the same Assembly file(like LH and RH) in Pro-e?

Could we do that?

Thanks in advance...:)

Yes, you can do that but it can be full of problems down the road. It's a little more work but you would be much better off to mirror each part individually and create a new assembly of these parts.

Hi srieger,
Thanks for your reply,

But my assembly have more than 15 Sub assembly's. So if i do mirror individually hardly it will take more time...
Do u have any better idea?

-Kuru.

You can do subassemblies. However, I would not recommend it. It is very problematic down the road. I guess you need to determine your particular workflow and life plan for these parts as well as what you can and can't do to determine if it fits your applications. Best way to do that is to experiment with it and see how it works.

You can mirror the sub-assembly and you can give each mirror a new name during the mirror process. I would not mirror them in the top assembly. Open the sub assembly and mirror it directly so you don't create any additional external references. One of the problems you will run into is it will also mirror things like fasteners. You can select to use the original but the placement references will be lost.

Again, experiment and determine for yourself whether or not this it the best way to do it. Usually the problem comes when you want to make changes.

It sounds like a shortcut that creates more problems than it solves. Maybe for a concept situation it would make sense, but in a for real design, it violates one of the basic rules - use the minimum number of parts possible so as to maximize the savings that come from producing duplicate parts. With a little forethought, these easily outnumber the parts that need to be left and right hand. The practice seems to encourages sloppy design.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back