Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Welcome to the all new MCADcentral.com

Well have to figure out all the spam filters... the very VERY first post I see on here was a spam :|

Yeah... user passwords & I think mods got messed up in the transfer. Also realized I hadn't turned on spam controls! Going from what we had before to where we are now was like going from the Wright Brother's airplane to a 787 jumbo liner. There's soooooooooooooooo many buttons and settings.. :|

Anyhow...I'll upgrade your account in a few.

I'm hitting the old DB for mods too

-Dave

yeah... lot of people having the same issue. Google Apps/Gmail is the problem there. I had hooked up the system to use their SMTP service but winds up we have a limit per user... that was 200 per hour. MCAD has close to 75k users... Ooops... so we got capped. Now it's going through the email newsletter server... I expect this will cut the delay in delivery a little.

Still learning the system a little. I've got you setup as a mod. Lemme know if that changes anything..

My password file got screwed up too. Had to ask the robot to send me a new pswd and then updated my existing profile. This was not so smooth a change.

I did some much needed cleaning in catia forum, its very easy to delete spam now. Its possible to delete them page by page instead of one by one :p

Hi vibeguy - sorry for hassle, we really made an effort to try to mitigate issues, but was a big change to back end systems. Hope the new platform helps downline, appreciate your participation here.

We used be be able to see just new posts in our CAD system of choice postings. Is that still possible? When I hit the New Posts button in the blue banner it's showing me posts in all the different CAD systems but it's not possible to tell without opening each one what CAD system the post belongs in.

We used be be able to see just new posts in our CAD system of choice postings. Is that still possible? When I hit the New Posts button in the blue banner it's showing me posts in all the different CAD systems but it's not possible to tell without opening each one what CAD system the post belongs in.

I agree this should be fixed, and as I asked elsewhere I'd also like this "new post" to be grouped by sub-forum as it was before

Paolo

I agree with above. aA little simulation of that are the list of post at the bottom of the main page, where topic and author are displayed.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back