Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to make 3d line/curve 2d?

theonemoses

How do you make a 3d line or curve a 2d element? Have tried everything, but nothing seems to work. Please help me with this. Thank you, Elizabeth

If you mean by making a sketch on a plane, then you can create a datum plane and make a new sketch, and project that curve onto the sketch. It will then keep the theoretical start and stop, onto the sketch plane. What are you trying to accomplish? A little more information on what you are doing may help.

I am trying to make a drawing and having difficulty creating 2d lines and curves on the drawing. Is there a way to do this? I would greatly appreciate the help and I've tried everything. Thank you, Elizabeth

I'm still not quite sure what your asking. What is the purpose of the 2d lines and arcs? Are you starting from scratch? Are you trying to modify a solid model with sketch geometry? The more details you give, the better folks here can aid you. If you are in Drafting mode, then to make a sketch using 2D lines and arcs on a drawing view, using the sketch tools menu bar, there is a dropdown box, with all the labels of the current drawing views,select the one you want and then youcan start sketching on topof the drawing view, it will also let you grab points andfeatures so you have "grips".

OMG Thank you for the sketch on drawing instructions. It works perfect. I spent a long time with the online documentation to find out how to do this and there is nothing about it. You made my day. Thanks again, I am so grateful for your assistance!! Elizabeth
smiley32.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back