Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

custom text/ prompted dialog???

loworange88

Hey everyone,

Is there a way to link certain text boxes on a titleblock such as the drawing title, drawing number, date, material, revs etc, to a dialog prompt box, so that one can input all information at one time and then have said linked text boxes update? I've searched through some of the cast and other topics, and have really not found anything. I have a FEW automated attribute driven text boxes, but I was just curious if this could be done.

Running NX6

Thanks,

Mat

Dont know about having a seperate dialog box. But surely can advice another way.

First link the texts to part attributes. Then create a macro usinguser entry for all the required attributes.Run the macro and it will askto enter the values one after the other. For 20 attributes all it takes less than 2 minutes to fill up.

Try!!!

You can create a simple GRIP program that will prompt and validate your input data and then assign the attributes to the file for display on the drawing.

Data validation items can be length or case. I suppose spelling could be done against a dictionary file if you really got creative.

I have a program that prompts for the data and validates tyhe string length and puts the string in upper case.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back