Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

IDENTIFICATION SYMBOLS

loworange88

Hey All,

I'm using NX6 now, we upgraded from 4 recently, and thus far it hasnt been too bad, other than we'll find one or two little things that just drive us nuts, until we figure out a fix. This one is the Identification symbols in drafting, so far we cant figure out how to place them on the drawing sheet WITHOUT a leader. Older prints that have a symbol for example a rev tag or ballon, you can move around with out a leader. Newly created ones, that is the default. I've looked in the preferences dialog, and also in the user defaults, and thus far we still cant find it.

Any help would be great.

Thanks, Mat

Mat,

I think I will make your day, and the solution is very simple. Just enter the text you want to appear in the baloon, go over the placement spot and click-release without moving mouse. It works just like adding the notes. If you want to just add the note (symbol) without any leader just click and release without moving your mouse. If you want to create leader - click, hold the button, move the mouse to the placement spot and release.

I hope it will help. Good luck.

SZMAGD,

That works, but it has a leader attached, that lays "flat" under the symbol. If I wanted to drag that symbol a bit out of the way or to a spot for aligning with other symbols or text, it will start creating that leader from the original insertion point.

Also I've noticed that pre NX6 symbols that DONT have leaders, dont like to be modified in the NX6 dialog box. It gives an error saying that the symbol needs to be edited, and all you can do is cancel the dialog box.

I'm certain it has to be in the user defaults under drafting, but I just cant find out where.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back