Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

load options questions

loworange88

Hey everyone,

I have set up a load options file for NX6to search through a few different areas, which is great for our reuse library. The problem I am facing, is that for so long and before my time, all the options were always set up with just "from folder" So over the years, there is multiple copies of the same thing all over the place. I have cleaned up alot of that stuff, and I have what I think is a good procedure in place to help prevent this. I was wondering if there is a command for the load options that will search the current directory that I am opening an assembly from. such as a .\... ?

were I work we have everything broken down into smaller assemblies, in "work folders", so I would love the search options to first and foremost look at the directory I am opening from, then search through the library and archive folders.

Thanks, Mat

Well, I'm still in NX3 but this is how it works for me.

I have 'search directories' defined as my load method. When you go into Load Options and click on "Define Search Directories", you can list many different places in which to look for file. The order in which you list these will define which ones are searched first.

I always have my first one set to my 'Home' directory.

g:\Concept\KucharikK\ugii\...

The '...' directs it to search in my sub-directories as well.

Then it's followed by our global library directory. l:\...

One again, the '...' means it will search sub-directories.

Then I have other users and locations listed.

I hope this helps a little.

One peculiarity though, at least for NX3, it won't find a directory that begins with an uppercase letter.
smiley5.gif
Not sure why.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back