Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

load options

loworange88

Hey everyone,

I have set up a load options file for NX6to search through a few different areas, which is great for our reuse library. The problem I am facing, is that for so long and before my time, all the options were always set up with just "from folder" So over the years, there is multiple copies of the same thing all over the place. I have cleaned up alot of that stuff, and I have what I think is a good procedure in place to help prevent this. I was wondering if there is a command for the load options that will search the current directory that I am opening an assembly from. such as a .\... ?

were I work we have everything broken down into smaller assemblies, in "work folders", so I would love the search options to first and foremost look at the directory I am opening from, then search through the library and archive folders.

Thanks, Mat

Just make sure your assembly load options are set to: "from search folder"

Copy and paste work folders in;"add folder to search"

(select the green check each time)

Select "save as default"

Note: NX will load files in sequence from the top down

Good luck

If you use the /... at the end of your path in load_options.dat, NX will search the subfolders in CREATION DATE order, not alphabetically.

If you want to searcj your local/start-in folder and sub-folders first, put ./... as the first entry in your load_options.dat.

If you are using load latest, NX will stop looking once it has found a filename match, even if that file isn't the latest revision. If it finds a later rvision in a later search folder, it will not be loaded.

When I set up search paths for UG/NX, I always searched work-in-progress folders first, then the released file folders, then the standard hardware libraries.

Seacrh paths are powerful, but unless you control your files they can cause problems. When I set them up at one company, they had multiple copies of the same file in different folders. Had to teach the engineers about file housekeeping as well as how to use and change the seach part order.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back