Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

how2 install many Nx in the same machine?

Apok11

Hi... im trying to install Nx4 and Nx5 in the same machine ... the program installs ok... Nx5 runs but Nx4 not.
Im working on Windows Vista ...
smiley5.gif

I read somewhere that the thing is ... installs nx5 full and then install just the Nx4 base and manage the nx4 license with the lmtools that i've installed before for Nx5.
I've done with it... i configure 2 services to manage the licenses but the nx4 doesnt work !!!
at the moment i try to run Nx4 ... appears a dialog window error saying ...

"the vendor daemon is down. failed to initialize [-97]"

Has somebody ever tried to do the same ?
i hope i have been clear with my problem.

Please help me !!!

thnx.

Edited by: Apok11

Hello,

I have nx4 and nx6 installed and running fine on my machine, but they use different licensing. As I recall beginning with nx5 they have changed the licensing to the one using composite id instead of network card mac. Also they use different ports (nx4 - 27000, nx6 - 28000),so you have to install separate nx4 licensingusinglicense file for nx4.It works for me.

Good luck.

hi szmadg !!!

thnx for answer ...

ok ok ... i got 2 differents .lic files .. one for nx4 and one for nx5 ...
yes they use diff ports but how i configure that to work ?
if you can explain me the steps you took to install it i`ll be so gratefull...

thnx.

Install each version in a different directory.

Create a bat file to start each version. In the bat file, you need todefine the environment variables that NX uses, like UGII_BASE_DIR.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back