Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

NX 6 : syncronous Technology

kujirasan

If any one has test driven the NX 6, with the so called synchronous Technology, be nice if could give some opinion about the whole thing! Thanks

hi

i have tested NX6 synchronous tech..its too good to work...but initially you will face problem to understand the options and concept...

it will tooo good for re-engineering....

Regards

Gangadharan N

Hello,

It works really good with good quality models. I like the flexibility and selection improvements. For example you canclick single face and system shows you the options to select all co-planar faces etc. As I said it works great with good geometry, so if you deal with the models that you create from thebegining to end, you will be very happy. When it comes to imported geometry, thing don't look as great. Of course I am not talking about clean imported models, because you can handle them just as good as ug created geometry. I did not have much luck with working with poor quality models. You still will have to simplify the geometry, delete fillets, faces in order for those new functions to work. Over all I see significant improvement, but sometimes I miss simplicity of the old interface. I just hope that they will not do what SolidWorks is doing, because I do not need any special effects to do my work. It simms like everybody ran out of ideas and since they don't have anything else to do -they change the interface. How about spending little bit more of time to fix the bugs before releasing the software. Every new release is more and more buggy. It got to the point that I do not even bother installing it until first "service pack" is released. By now nx6 is already "safe" to use so GOOD LUCK.

Yes it works well with "good" models. I have been using it since it was released and it is very powerful. It can also be dangerous too, meaning you can add synchronous modeling features on top of a fully parametric model. It will make it difficult for someone else to understant what you did.

The good news is NX7 is supposed to be a quality release. Lots of bug fixes and not much new stuff. It's about time!

When I was luna gold,12 my family had a get together. It had been during summer vacation so I had no school to worry about and I was allowed to stay awake for as long as I wanted. It was about 3:00 a.m. when my mom drove us home. I couldn

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back