Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

newbie need some help

k1sho

so my friend gave me this torrent downoad of NX 5 and it works for him,, so i try to download it and install it, well i was successfull but i got the error msg saying:

"Initialization error -

NX license errorL the license server has not been started yet, or UGS_LICENSE_SERVER is set to the wrong port@host. [-15]

i tried to open my ugs1.lic file and it was empty...i have no clue wat im doing,

thats basically wat i tried to do but i couldnt do....im so LOST, can anyone of you guys help me
Windows

Edit the file %UGII_BASE_DIR%\ugii\ugii_env.dat and change the line:
#UGS_LICENSE_BUNDLE=
For example
UGS_LICENSE_BUNDLE=ADVDES
To set multiple bundles (maximum of 2):
UGS_LICENSE_BUNDLE=ADVDES;NX11101

NOTE:
On Windows, the License Options interface will not work if you set UGS_LICENSE_BUNDLE under "System Variables:" as opposed to "User Variables for ... :" in Control Panel��System��Advanced (tab)��Environment Variables... (Button).

"i have no clue wat im doing"

That much is true!

If you are looking for help on STOLEN PROPERTY

then you are in the wrong place.

I refuse to help crooks.
Edited by: camster

I agree with camster, no help for crooks!

BTW, your IP was recorded and Siemens does read these postings.

<DIV>I have a very very small business (basically it is just me and one other person) and I, AS IN ME, MYSELF AND I, paid a considerable sum of money for my copy of NX. No one else paid for it, the money came out of my pocket and it really chaps me to no end when someone has the nerve to actually post something like this on a site like this.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>If you just want to see if NX will work in your environment, did you know that you can call Siemens and talk to one of the sales people. If you can justify your request they will sometimes let you use a time restricted copy of their software. On the otherhand, if you are just an individual who wants to play around with a copy of NX... it isn't going to happen.</DIV>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back