Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Modifying Dialog box items

dmiller327

I see that there is a lot of out of the box customization options for various dialog boxes in NX6. There is not however the functionality I am looking for.

I would like to do one of the following things

Make a displayed field longer to I can see more of the entry
Change what the field displays
or add another field underneath the existing one that displays the alternate property

I am adding tools to the CAM tool library and want to keep using ugs libref system.
In the operation dialog box the libref for a tool is displayed after it is selected but it means little to the programmers. it is a something like "ugti0201_011".

The description follows it "End Mill 1/4" but it is only partially visible in the displayed field. The programmers want to see the description not the libref. I want to make the visible length of the field longer, change the field to display the description or add a separate field that will display the description. I prefer not to change libref to descriptive strings

I think this is going to require programming.

I think your right it will require a lot of programming. Why not use a descriptive library reference? no need to re-invent the wheel.

I am inclined to avoid a descriptive libref as they can be come long, non-uniform in their format and prone to inadvertent duplication.

In the end we may in fact resort to your suggestion.

Thanks,

I have found a utility that edits window style dialog boxes. However I have found very few dialog boxes in the ug files that expose their dialog boxes thru this utility.

I'm guessing that many of ug's dialog boxes are not "standard windows" but are coded with ug's own windowing system.

This has become something of a challenge. Can anyone point me to the file(s) where the dialog box codes might reside.

Thanks,

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back