Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

master model concept

In simple terms, it keeps the drawing data in a separate file from the model/assembly data. This helps keep the file sizes down.

File size really isn't the reason for using the master model concept. What master model does for you is it allows you to edit the drawing independant of the model. For instance, if you have a note change on the drawing youo can change the drawing without having to rev the model with it. This is most useful when using NX with Teamcenter.

That is the "nutshell" answer without much detail.

<br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 102);">Hi all,<br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 102);"><br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 102);">If want to import the NX native data to the teamcenter under master model concept the n what procedure should I follow..<br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 102);"><br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 102);">I tried with ug_import but failed to get the associativity; <br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 102);"><br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 102);">Does any suggest me how to use the ug_import utility or any other method to import the native data under master model concept?<br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 102);"><br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 102);">thanks In advance <br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 102);"><br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 102);">Livi

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back