Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

New processors.

szmagd

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is any advantage of using new dual or quad-core processors. I am currently using a station with dual xeonconfiguration and I know for the fact that NX does not utilize dual processing power. Is it the same with dual / quad core processors?

How about 64 bit platform. Is it faster in real life?

Thanks.

Pete

Pete,

Actually NX does support dual processors and has for quite a while.
You need to add an environment variable UGII_SMP_ENABLE and set the value to 1
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
I have heard that the 64 bit version of NX is very fast. You need to get the 64 bit version from your UGS reseller or contact GTAC.

Pete, John is correct, UG has been doing it since V18. SW can't do it and I'm pretty sure Pro doesn't either. I'm not sure about quad core better ask GTAC.

Steve

I am about to evaluate both the 32/64bit linux versions of NX, because ProE has stopped supporting linux w/ proEV4.0, and they don't have 64 bit linux at all. Does anyone have any suggestions?
All my tools run under Linux, RHEL/Fedora7 to be specific, and I do a lot of IC design/board design, etc., so Linux is the perfect platform.

thanks

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back