Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Text Alignment

RDCJ67

Hello, would someone please tell me how to place text radially ? I need to place text around the face ofa cylinder, similar to the way words are placed on coins.

Using UGNX2 Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

RDCJ67

Hi

where u want to add, in the planar face of the cylinder or in the cylindrical face.

if u want to add n the cylindrical face u can go with wrap text optinon.

thanks.

Hi, thanks for the reply, I was talking about the planar face. Another member said you must use a GRIP unless you have NX4.

activate "shape studio" go to drop down "insert" then "curve" then "text" . that text window has a comand under "type" that allows you to follow a curve with text. I have not been able to figure out how to get the CAM funtion to follow that type of text yet.

GOOD LUCK

NX 3.0 upgrade has insert/curve/text to create text tangent to cylinder. Make sure you have planes or lines and points tangent to the cylinder before starting so you can locate start of text. Then use insert/curve from curves/wrap unwrap to apply text to cylinder surface.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back