Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Internal error while opening files

Artsmack

Hi, i got this problem while i was trying to open my minibaja file, it was in a friend computer but it had the same problem, so we tough it was his cimputer, we change the computer to one in the university so we continue doing the modifications we needed, we saved the project and send it by mail.

In my computer i tried to open it but i had the same advise that is:

could not open (the file direction) the following files could not be loaded causing this open to fail and again the file direction and internal error.

other files i can open but not this one, if someone knows please help me.

thanks

hai

open the file in the last modified machine and save it again, before saving don't forget to do part clean up and do the edit- feature- play back. if play back runs succesfully without saying any error thn save the file. if it gives any error thn correct that feature and save it.

thanks,

kamal raj

Hi,
I have had the same problem as Artsmack.
I have files that I used to be able to open that I no longer am able to. The message is as follows:

"the following files could not be loaded causing this open to fail:
C:\bla bla bla\xxx.prt - internal error"

Is there any way of fixing or recovering all or part of the geometry from these files?
Is the problem model geometry or file related, or something else?

these files represent several months worth of work.
smiley19.gif
PLEASE HELP!

I am probably going to switch to Pro-E if I am unable to solve this.

Thanks in Advance.

Can you open the seperate file alone without assembly opened? If you can try opening the assy then. There is a clean up command in UG but I'm talking about V18 and back. I'm not it's there in NX.

File -> Utilities -> Part Clean-Up This may help cleaning your corupt files (if that's what it is).

Also, does the path exist for the file?

Don't go to Pro/E, switch to Solidworks instead
smiley4.gif

Steve
Edited by: swcalvert

Thanks Steve!
I will try what you suggest.

Problem with Solidworks is it does not have the freeform surfacing capability that I need.

It is true that SW doesn't have the freeform surfacing you may be used to with UG, however, Desaults systems, the parent company, just bought a high end surfacing company and the word is that they'll be pushing that code into Catia and SW. I have alittle background with freeform, very little, but I've used SW to my satisfaction so far.

Steve

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back