Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Covert .jt extension file to ideas

gorintasatya

Hi all,
I need help in converting a .jt extension file to IDEAS.
I can directly open the .jt file in UG and save it as a UG part file.
The file size is reducing when i export it as step/iges in order to import
into IDEAS.
Can't the .jt file be converted into any other formats?
Request for suggetions on how to overcome this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Satya.

There is no way to convert a JT file back into I-DEAS . Both UGS CAD products create JT's as a one-way translation. However you can open UG parts and Parasolids directly in I-DEAS versions 10 & 11. Select File-->Open Unigraphics part

gorintasatya said:
Hi all,
I need help in converting a .jt extension file to IDEAS.
I can directly open the .jt file in UG and save it as a UG part file.
The file size is reducing when i export it as step/iges in order to import
into IDEAS.
Can't the .jt file be converted into any other formats?
Request for suggetions on how to overcome this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Satya.

Satya, the JT file is a ONE WAY ONLY file translation. I have 21 years of Automotive CAD experience in Detroit Michigan. I know for a fact that there is no translator or methodology on the market which can covert a JT file back into a native CAD format.

I would suggest importing the JT file into UGNX, saving the UGNX file as a .prt then going into I-DEAS and do a File-->Unigraphics Open. You will have a non-parametric orphan node History Tree.

If you can't do this send the JT file to [email protected] and I would be happy to do it for you.

Best Regards

I have converted a .JT assembly into a .STP assembly just a few weeks ago. I use a UGS teamcenter program to view .JT files.

It is under the export function.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back