Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

General Questions

ctarmijo

Good Afternoon All,

I have a few questions regarding Unigraphics in general. First of all the company I work for may switch over to UG. I am currently looking for a "student" edition of UG that I can purchase and use at home to learn the system. Is there such a thing? I have been unsuccessful in finding anything like this. Second, in trying to do some research I am confused as to what the difference is between NX, NX2, and NX3. Can anyone explain? Lastly, I have over ten years experience in Pro/E. What is going to be my learning curve on this system?

Thank you for you help in advance.

Christopher

Hi Christopher,

Well, this is my first mail to the group.I'm much younger two you and have been using UG for past one year. I think there no student versions with UGS, let me ask my peers and let you know about that.

Regarding NX and Nx2, I have been using nx2 for past three months but only for drafting and I can say that its very advanced, lots of commands to genrate tables,patterns.

I will try to get back with some notes next time.

_amit

Hi to all,

I have been using UG for past 4yrs. You can find UG student edition .Do u hav any experience in UG?Learning NX is not a big deal it is very user friendly. With my experience i will tell u therez no big difference between NXand NX2. UGS added few more options in NX2 ..But user interface is same..For NX3..they changed userinterface..and added few more options ..(In the process of merging I-DEAS )

If u learn NXor NX2 it is not problem to adopt NX3

Good Morning,

I have few questions regarding Unigraphics Sheetmetal and query about expressions,

1)I want to know about creating Multibend Brackets, and if there are any websites where i can learn about giving routed relief.

2)I'm keen to use expressions and want to know how to link two expressions of two different files.

Im grateful to you all for the favour.

thanks for time and consideration.

Have a Good Day!

Hi everybody,

I'm a newer in UG. After opening and customizing the toolbar, I can not save the layout, so in the next starting, I must customize the toolbar again. Pls help me how to save the toolbar layout. Thanks in advance.

DuyTin

Hi friends

i have newly joined this group. iam doing my course in UG nx.iam interested to know more about UG but i could not find any good student manual from the site.if any one has some tutorials kindly sent to my mail id [email protected]

thank you

Hello everybody,

I'd like to know about Unigraphics. I'm looking for Unigraphics comparative versus Catia, Pro-engineer, ...FEATURES and PRICES.

In my company we want to move from Solidworks to a more powerful CAD.

Please, advise or send me information to [email protected]

Thank you very much

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back