Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

configurations / drawing

Kurt M

Hi

i just made some wrong parts because i had the wrong "reference configuration"

i made a sheetmetal-part long time ago , made the drawing with 2 sheets, one to print and one to save as DXF to import to a Jetcam for our puncher, no problem, then a week ago i made a new configuration to the part,opened the old drawing changed the drawing number, and changed the "reference configuration" to the views, but forgot the DXF view. and the punched parts were wrong.

is there a way, a setting or?? toupdate all views on all sheets in one, some overall setting or??

Yes, I did the same thing once, it was a two piece prototype run. We ended up with two more pieces of a stock part so no real loss there but time and money! LOL!

I started on a quest to use custom properties that included part numbers and names along with all the other important data. After that was hashed out, it was easy to see that the part was correct based on the name and part number data in the tittle blocks being correct.

If I changed the configuration, I had a new part and print. That should solve the issue.

I am guessing that you're working essentially by yourself. It's great when someone else can check your work.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back