Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

coordinates of a rotating mechanism

ady_mech

I am using a personal copy of SW 2006 version, without Physical Simulation add-on.

Ihave a simple mechanism which has a rotor link, and another pivoting link (pitch angle) attached to this rotor link. Basically what I want to do is this - I have a table that has a pitch angle value for every rotor angle. I want to be able to input this table somehow, and have the software "animate" the mechanism, and output coordinates of a given point on the linkage for each pair of rotor angle and pitch angle.

I have almost no experience with macros, and would appreciate help on how to get this data.

I am using a personal copy of SW 2006 version

I have a simple mechanism which has a linear rotating link rotating about an axis. Another link is attached to the end of this rotor link via pin joint, and this 2nd link is free to pivot about this pin joint. The angle of the pivoting link with respect to the tangent at its pin joint is called pitch angle. Basically what I want to do is this - I have a table that has a pitch angle value corresponding to certain rotor link angles. I want to be able to input this table somehow, and have the software "animate" the mechanism, and output coordinates of a given point on the linkage for each pair of rotor angle and pitch angle.

I would appreciate help on how to get this data.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back