Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Two lines and two arcs into one slot

O.Ramone

Hello people

I have a little problem with my sketching. I have made a drawing consisting of two lines and two arcs, that you can se on the picture. How can I make these separate lines/arcs into one slot?

I do this because I want to copy the slots easily and use them several places in the drawing.

(I know I can make a slot directly in SW, but I need to know how I can make one line out of several lines, arc etc.)

Hopefully you understand what I mean!:)

View attachment 5950

Hey O!

In SW there is an slot option on the sketch toolbar and it allows a few different drawing options. There are also options to group select a number of sketched slots and make them all equal in size. This is of course depending on your SW version.

You can also make a block out of your sketch and place that easily in many locations.See the help menu for sketched slots and blocks for the most current information.

B

Thanks for the information. Yes, I just marked the different sketched slots and clicked make "Make Block". I thought I had tried that before, but probably not. Now I can copy the block easily and place them other places in the drawing. Thanks!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back