Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Center Justify Text

quasifun

Hi again guys!
Need a little help please. I have an ID Plate I need to center justify text on (both left/right and top/bottom). I can manually place the text and make the plate, but since it's going to be an on going thing I'd like to make it easier.
I would upload the part but don't see an option.
Here's how I did it.
First make a 8" X 3" plate .250 thick then on a new sketch manually place text on the surface of the part and extrude cut. Easy enough.
BUT I've got about 100 to do and would like to make it easier by editing the sketch and saving rather than editing and repositioning each one. So the first question is how do I center justify based on the center of the plate?
Second can I adjust the length automatically based on the text entered? Example, if the text is BR549 it's easy enough to fit on an 8" plate but when number changes to BR1549 I'd need a longer plate. Can I automatically adjust the length?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back