Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

This website has been hacked?

Something is certainly up. I was getting dozens of emails a day for spam messages. When they stopped, I assumed the problem had been fixed, but I see that the messages are all still there.

Now, a lot of the spam post dates are 1899 (!) and the last post is listed in the main forum page seems wrong. What a mess.

We had issues on the Pro/E side a while ago, but they seemed to have gotten on top of it. I wonder if there's anyone watching the store over here.

Yes someone is. I've been watching the SolidWorks forums & the rest trying to delete spam as it pops up. If you're getting PM spam send me the names and I'll delete them ASAP.

You can also email me at

dmiyares AT WTWHMedia DOT com

Good to know someone's here.
smiley4.gif

No PM spam, just the email notices of new posts that turn out to be spam. LOTS of those.

If you look now at the Modeling forum, the first 3 pages of posts are spam. Other SW forums are similar. There has to be several hundred spam threads live here right now.

I might turn those off. I have an RSS feed checking every 5 mins on all the forums and when I see junk I try jump on it. However, new msg notifications go out in real time.

I'm looking for mods for the all the forms... if interested let me know.. Email me since I have to get your real email and have directions on how to kill things.

Also still working on getting recaptcha up and running.

Turn off the email notifications, globally? Please don't, that's how I know to come look at posts. If those disappear, so will I, frankly.

so grant those who have deleting spam capability on the Pro/E forum... to be able to delete spam over the other forums as well.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back