Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Special Text Symbols for Drawings

Mindripper

I have seen many drawings that have an 'I' in a triangular box following dimensions or GD&T callouts that are inspection dimensions,or a boxed number that refers to a drawing note number. In Pro/E, I know it'spossible to create text that's boxed in a rectangle in a note by using the text format '@[YOUR TEXT HERE@]'. Is there a similar text prefix and suffix to the '@[' and '@]' for placing text inside a triangular or rectangular box (esp. a single character) in SW? Or perhaps there is some other simple trick, such as creating a custom character that can be inserted when editing text in a dimension (commonly done when adding stuff like '4X' and 'THRU ONE WALL ONLY').

Mindripper,

If you want to have a note flag (number in triangle) for notes, I enter notes and leave an open space for the triangle flag. Then create a triangular balloon with your number in it (under annotations) and position it in front of your note. Finally select the notes and flag, right click and select group (similar to grouping objects in Power Point). Now your flag moves with your notes.

If anyone has other ways to do this, I'd be interested to hear as well. Especially if the flag note number can be linked to its mate(s) located as balloons on the drawing.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back