Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Problem with custom drawing border

Hopinc

Hi Guys,

I have just gone back to training myself to use SolidWorks and run head long into a problem whilst creating a new custom 2D drafting border.

I began with the stock SolidWorks title block and modified it to be my own. I found serveral hidden notes that I can neither delete, move, or do anything with at all - see screen image.

Can someone please tell me how to manipulate them?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Dave

PS - 15K is a ridiculous size for a screen image???

View attachment 5883

HI Dave,

In the feature tree, try to edit sheet format and then that should allow you to delete these boxes.

Michael

No, I am sorry, but that does not work. The image shown above is already in "edit sheet format" - indeed it is one stage deeper and into "edit title block," which is when these text boxes become visibile.

Nothing I do removes these pesky things, or allows me to move them.
Regards,

Dave

Edited by: Hopinc

Actually, I am an Inventor user - I have both 2010 & 2011 currently on my system, and it is with these that I earn my living. I have also used AutoCAD for the past 30 years. The version of SolidWorks I am teaching myself to use is 2011.

I am curious about your post. The two pieces of software you mention are totally different in purpose, Photoshop is a photo editing suite and the other a Computer Aided Design package. Did you mean to say that you are studying both?

For anyone reading about my probelm with the borders - I have sorted it, or rather a friend of mine from the CAD Tutor forum assisted me.

Apparently it is only possible to move or delete these hidden text boxes when you cannot actually see them, i.e. in sheet edit mode.

It is possible to find the positions by switching to title block edit whilst in sheet edit. Then you have to switch back into sheet edit (where upon they disappear) in order to move or delete them - go figure!

Typical SolidWorks muddled thinking.

Regards all.

Dave

Edited by: Hopinc

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back